Saturday, 22 August 2009

Going to the Theatre...

Much has happened over the last few days but nothing of any great significance, mainly keeping the children occupied, feeding them, ironing and laundry.
Just mundane things, although a little excitement was to be had the other night.
My neighbours are I believe Polish, German and I hear French voices now and then. Anyway, the other night they were in the garden chatting and laughing, then by midnight the singing and music began, this went on for some time and it was all quite amusing considering I couldn't understand a word they said!! They all seemed happy enough and then by 1:30am they all decided to get into their pond....

I tried my level best to crank my neck round my bedroom window enough to see what they were doing but to no avail.. still it sounded completely bizarre..
The next day, being the concerned neighbour that I am, I peeked through a knot in the fence thinking surely it was a paddling pool, not the pond.
But it was the pond as there was no paddling pool to be found....
luckily there were no fish in it, but if there were, there isn't now..

So to more recent events, today we went to the Gordon Craig Theatre to see "Footloose". We had lunch at McDonald's and then had a quick look round a market which had been set up in the center of town. There were what seemed to be people from around Europe selling their wares like chocolates and sweets, Paella, handbags and Tunisian bowls and lanterns, it was quite interesting but a little expensive. So we wandered on into the theatre and took our seats.

And so as the music started and the lights came on Katie began to cry...
it was really loud and eventually she came and sat next to me and we squeezed her ears shut every time they began to sing, which was quite often as it was a musical....after a while she got the hang of it and they sung "I need a hero" which she knew from Shrek, so she enjoyed the rest of the show. I must say however they did swear abit and some of the scenes were a little risque and so not only did I have to cover her ears but her eyes too, which was not altogether easy.!!! Still a good time was had by all and then we headed home just in time for tea..

Jim, enjoying his fries alittle too much....




This was one of the market stalls selling the Tunisian lanterns,
I remember these from one of our holidays when I was a child..




Now, I said "all get together so I can get you all in" and they took a moment and then I said, "are you ready?" .... I said, "say cheese".....
and in these positions they said "cheese"....what hope is there?????



Here is a motley looking crew, especially nanny......
They did however have a lovely time and really enjoyed themselves, Mum and I are hopefully going to a murder mystery play in November where we intend to heckle and shout "the butler did it" and "He's behind you" Should be fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment