Tuesday, 15 September 2009

Run rabbit,run..

Most of my morning has been spent in town today as I had to buy myself some new shoes, the weather is changing and chances are it will rain more often now. I have a lovely big hole in the bottom of one of my shoes, I really needed to replace them or else get a wet foot when it rains, my other shoes have lasted me at least three years, not bad going really. On the way home Mum phoned to say the school had rung and could I go and get Jim as he was porley and feeling sick, by lunch time Jim was home eating chicken soup and looking much better.!! I wonder...

Yesterday however was spent catching up on housework and when the children came home they helped me to clean the rabbits out,.....well that's not entirely true, mostly Jim cleaned the rabbits out and I cheered him on from the side lines. It was quite breezy and so every time he lifted out the hay to put in the wheelie bin half of it shot off into next doors garden, still they have a rabbit too so maybe they will think it's their hay that escaped..

Talking of escaped one of our rabbits "Jinx" got out, it was 3 o'clock and I was shutting the door and window to go up the school and there was a scratching noise coming from under the covers on the patio set. Gingerly lifting it up,
I half expected to be pounced upon by a startled cat but sitting there happy as Larry was our rabbit.
So I chased it round and round the garden nearly catching it three times as it ran between my feet, a few more rounds of the garden and it then decided to go next door through a hole in the fence, luckily it didn't go any further than the bushes at the side so I was able to poke a small broom through the gap and nudge him back into our garden, and then spent the next five minutes trying to retrieve our broom from the hole in the fence, a few more round and around the garden and I managed to grab him on his forth attempt of his cunning double back move...I'm not stupid...
So here is the offending article...


And just for good measure here is Poppet who is lovely and not at all naughty like Jinx..



Talking of lovely (yes I was) Charlotte made some lovely broccoli cheese stuff for her school cookery lesson, it was extremely tasty if a little strange looking and green.. and lumpy...and unusual...but it did taste very... different and I hope she gets better at cooking soon....


Tomorrow I am going to my favourite place in all the world, Costa's to guzzle lots of coffee and spend time with Mum and Auntie Hazel, I am really looking forward to that, real live proper grown ups to talk to... can't wait.!!

No comments:

Post a Comment