Wednesday, 2 September 2009

Summer is over!!

That's what it feels like today, the weather has changed over the last week and there is a definite autumnal feel about now. So here we are in September and today the children go back to school. I have been awake since 5am this morning mostly because of the wind howling outside, but also because I had Jim and Sam wake me in the night with bad dreams.
It was 1:30 the last time I looked at the clock and then 5am when I got up. Still the early bird and all that...

Yesterday the children all played out for the last day of the holidays while I tidied their bedrooms and got everything ready for school, they could have helped me but sometimes it's so much easier to do it yourself.

We had a discussion over tea last night of how the holidays were this year compared to any other and they all agreed that this year, although we didn't go away anywhere, we did do alot of things and they felt it was fun and we should go on "staycation" next year too..

So once they have all gone off to school I shall, just for a little while,
sit in silence listening to the gentle hum of the fridge and the whirr of the computer fan contemplating my day, before I plug in the hoover and go and make some beds....

No comments:

Post a Comment