Tuesday, 13 October 2009

A Busy Week

I know I haven't blogged in a while so I thought it was about time. I've been busy and have had a lot to deal with lately so here's an update..

Most of my efforts this week have been focused on Jim. He's been having trouble at school what with kids picking on him and the teachers not getting the fact he has a problem.. It's funny you know because I've printed off a schools guide for children with ADHD and it clearly sets out strategies for teachers to use in the classroom for children with ADHD, it says also it could benefit the other children as well. Jim has a real problem in class as well as at home and it requires the patience of a saint to deal with him sometimes. There is never a saint around when you want one either...
Generally the conversations with the teachers go like this...
"Jim just doesn't appear to listen, he always seems distracted"
"Yes, he has ADHD"

"Jim never hands in his homework on time and he looses it so often"
"yes, he has ADHD"

"Jim never has his pencil case and calculator, he said he lost it"
"yes, he has ADHD"

"He can never sit still, he is always on the go, he can't sit like everyone else"
"yes, he has ADHD"
"Jim has silly behavior and doesn't know when to stop"
"yes, he has ADHD"
"Jim did well today, he handed in his homework"
"Oh no, I don't know what can be wrong with him then"....

So I'm going to make an appointment with his teachers and show them the guide I found, It shows all the problems children have and that teachers need to recognise they have a problem and then help them . So wish me luck...

Today I have also been in town and bought myself a coat, everyone at home has a nice winter coat so I thought I'd better get one as my old duffel coat makes me look like Paddington bear after a few too many marmalade sandwiches.. Katie has a nice selection of coats and a so many shoes she could put Emelda Marcos to shame...



As the weather has been a tad nippy in the morning and also at night, the rabbits have needed extra bedding. My friend Mick and his wife Alva occasionally get a bale of hay for their rabbits from a local farm and they get one for me too. It would be a bit tricky on the bus anyway...

So we broke up the bale and split it into bags to make it easier when cleaning out the rabbits. We had 17 bags no less and today the same friend gave us four very full bags of shredded paper from the local furniture recycle shop. Our little Wendy house is full to the rafters with bedding for our bunnies this year..
Well, almost full anyway...


And finally, I have been watching the trees dropping their leaves and as the weather has been quite dry there are lots of leaves to crunch through on the way to school.
Before...


And after....



Katie is hiding behind the tree, but I think the pink and purple back pack give you away Katie!!




So, that's been whats happening this week...















No comments:

Post a Comment