Thursday, 1 October 2009

Lately i've been...

Lately I have been very busy, apart from the mundane, washing, ironing, cooking, cleaning, blah, blah, blah, I have had poorly children, been to Sams school assembly and been to my neighbours evening wedding reception, Charlotte and I went and we walked up Knebworth lane in the pitch black and nearly died....you could not see your hand in front of your face and you couldn't tell if your eyes were open or shut. Charlotte had to use the light on her phone to show us the way. Then she was mucking about doing shadow anacondas rather than concentrate on not falling down a ditch, we could have died...!!


I have been gallivanting round Costa's and garden centers with Mum, Auntie Hazel and Anne. Auntie Hazel bought me some lovely flowers to put in my garden, which I might add is looking decidedly shabby lately.. another thing for the "must do" list...also I have got some bulbs to plant for the spring so they should look very pretty.




Today I have been to town and wanted to pick up some gloves and socks for when it is abit colder, with the children they always loose their gloves and scarves, so I have had to replenish our stocks today.

Jim's not keen on the idea of having string going round the back of his coat anymore to keep him from loosing his gloves, can't think why??..

Charlotte and I have had the same hat, gloves and scarves for years but the others have had to replace them every year. So here is the bundle I bought today, and as
no-one will were slippers but me and Katie, I bought cosy socks for indoors this time.

There does look alot but it is times five...





There is a puzzle there too and some plum scented candles, I love candles, so we have decided to have at least one evening a week where we don't watch TV, go on the computer or have on any unnecessary lights in order to keep the electric bill down abit, maybe we'll keep the landing light on only for safety's sake. We can play board games, cards and do puzzles with our candles burning and eat popcorn, like it's camping but indoors. Still that's the plan anyway and then early to bed. I like that bit...

Oh yes and I've done some cooking and made some food for the freezer so I don't have to rush in the week, I made these cheesy square things which didn't make It as far as the freezer before everyone ate them, and I made a Sheppard's-pie pie which went down very well indeed.




Sorry it's a bit squiffy...









And bread pudding which I didn't have enough brown sugar so I used white and not enough sultans so I used dessicated coconut instead. It was very nice, a cross between a badly made bread pudding and a flap jack... The little squares are left over puff pastry and apple puree which tasted lovely and I think, If I remember rightly I only ate one.. Jim however said they were lovely...

This is my Sheppard's-pie pie, it started of life as a Cornish pasty. I made two and then Charlotte ate them, so I made a Sheppard's-pie pie instead..


And finally when we went out yesterday to the garden center our friend Anne had on these rose tinted sunglasses where she can magically see autumn all year round. So here is a tree picture just for you, with or without your glasses...




No comments:

Post a Comment