Friday, 16 October 2009

Thank goodness it's Friday

Ahh, the end of a busy week, I seem to have coasted from one day to the other, not really touching the sides this week, not really achieving much but being very busy all the same.
I have talked to the school about Jim and they are really dragging their heels about what to do with him. I have been looking up the "code of practice " for children with special educational needs and it appears that as Jim has a diagnosis of a mental illness the school is obliged to help him or they will be in breach of the "disability discrimination act 1995" ( always wanted to quote something important like that !! ) where it states he has "a physical or mental impairment which has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on his or her ability to carry out normal day-to-day activities." This includes having the ability to sit and learn in class.
I can see this is going to be a long fight... Firstly because I'm not particularly brave, so I will muster up every ounce of courage I have to ask them very nicely and quietly and politely to teach my son without discrimination or I will just have to burn the school down..( just kidding !!)
After taking some welcome advice from my good friend Philip, my first stop will be to the SENCO lady at the school and then if I have no luck with her I'll have to take it to the Headteacher and see what happens. Ohh I'm so brave now!!!


So, what else have I been up to this week, well I managed finally to get some tarpaulins for the rabbits hutches as the weather is getting quite autumnal now, and while I was there I got one for the Wendy house too.


So here are the bunnies with their covers which when layed out cover the whole hutch and I layed a plank across the front to stop the wind whistling around their trossachs. They are held in place by a ladder on each of the roofs so it doesn't blow away.


I bought one for the Wendy house too and I know it doesn't look pretty but I don't think a drop of rain will get in now. I don't want all the hay to get wet, so I have also tied it down so it won't blow away, the tarpaulin not the hay....







I have a feeling that the weather is trying to lead us into a false sense of security by being all nice to us and sunny and soon it's going to turn and be all windy and wet and flippin' miserable.

And finally I spotted this daddy long legs outside on the wall when I got home from school today, Charlotte said "that's disgusting"..... so that's her official comment on the biggest proper daddy long legs I have ever seen..



No comments:

Post a Comment