Wednesday, 21 October 2009

So, what's been happening??

What a busy few days, I get so busy and then by the end of the day I snuggle down in my bed and think "Oh, bum I didn't do my blog, I know I'll do it tomorrow" and then the next day I get to the computer and as the mouse has AGAIN died and is in the bin,
I asked to borrow Charlotte's but she is using it and so I can't get on the computer until she's finished with the mouse....and then it's time for bed. So I have pinched it from her room while she is at school, so don't tell her !!!


So what's been happening ?? I hear you say ...

Well with Jim, I spoke to his head of year who is plainly in denial about Jim having ADHD and doesn't want to deal with him, She said that "The ASD Department will offer him 1 hour a week for a chat to see if he can discuss how to improve his learning, what goals he can set for himself and so on...."

The Core Learning department " Won't put him in their group as he is too intelligent and they feel he will find it too easy and get bored," apparently they work at level 2 (what ever that is!)..

SO, I said "Did you speak to the SENCO Department for me or shall I speak to them?"
She said "Oh no, I didn't speak to them, I didn't think of that" Yes, Exactly!!!!
So the next day She phoned me back and said......wait for it.......

"Apparently, as Jim has a diagnosis of ADHD from a professional consultant the SENCO Department have suggested that he have a doodle pad or a stress ball or toy to aid in his concentration, he needs to sit at the front of the class, he needs to have clear guidelines for good and bad behaviour and positive reinforcement when he does well, all the teachers need to be notified as to his condition so they can monitor his behaviours with his condition in mind"

I calmly said "Yes, that's right" ....and then poked my tongue out at her down the phone...

Talk about teach you Grandma to suck eggs!!!

She sounded as though she had been told how to deal with Jim as he has a problem and is not just being naughty..
Way to go SENCO lady...

However, we are not out of the woods yet, I still need to see if this works and it's not just words. But it is a start...

So I will make an appointment to see the SENCO Lady anyway so I can monitor their progress....Phew....At last!

So, what else....

We have had a busy weekend in the garden, I enlisted the help of some unwilling volunteers to help hack the garden to bits, here is Charlotte doing an impression of Chuck Norris on some unsuspecting weeds that wouldn't go in the wheelie bin quietly and in an orderly fashion...




Now here is a bramble bush thing, the one which Charlotte is attacking, before...





And there it is ....Gone...




This is the bramble, well most of it as we had to cut some of it off to be able to pull it out, it must be about 10 foot long..



Here is an old work boot I pinched off some workmen a few years ago,

(a long story, maybe another day) but I planted some of my pretty flowers in it.





Here are the other flowers, some just in pots or a basket but the rest are in "Mr Potter". It makes the doorstep look much brighter..


Also, one very over grown veggie patch....before..




And after....








And now for something completely different, here is Jim watching TV last night while eating popcorn, I must have about four or five photos of Jim with headbands on over the years and it doesn't seem to bother him. If the biggest bully in the school came round he'd still not take it off !!!









And finally..............


This is Sam's DT project for school that he had three weeks to do and decided to start it last night!! It had to be in today....can you hear me sigh....

So Charlotte and I helped him make this castle, Charlotte made the draw bridge and I made the portcullis... Sam did lots of glueing, we did LOTS as well, but don't tell his teacher though...

Sam had such a job saying portcullis, it was everything from "cork pulliss" to"court pullis" and the best one was "pork Cutlis" ... He did try..

Oh, the joys of children.....

No comments:

Post a Comment