Monday, 21 December 2009

Going to the dentist in the stupid snow...

Jim and Sam had a dentist check up today, I like to book them in every half term during the holidays. I take them two at a time because it's to confusing to take them all at once. Charlotte sat with Katie and in two weeks or so Katie and Charlotte will have their check up. Neither of them needed any thing done but Jim fell out of bed about a month ago and chipped the tiniest bit off of one of his teeth, we didn't realise till the next day, the dentist lady put the smallest piece on his tooth to straighten it and you could not tell it was ever broken...quite amazing.

Jim has got himself a cold so finds it hard to breath out of his nose so you can imagine what it was like for him in the dentist chair. Bless his heart he has a little red nose like a reindeer...





After we got out of the dentist surgery I made them have a picture..

"No fillings today Mum"


As you can tell, Jim was not impressed, Sam however was glad to oblige...


So we got the bus home and walked down the ungritted roads which I might add are safer to walk on than the pavements.....



OK, nearly as safe. As you can see I rushed to his rescue......

He was laughing so I thought I'd take his picture anyway.



So, we made it home and Had some lunch and what do I find in my freezer??

Yes, and icicle... And that's not all..


In amongst the frozen peas and ice-cream, a balloon filled with water,

sorry no, not water...Ice.

I have to live with these children day in day out, It's got to have a long term effect on you hasn't it.


So, after lunch Sam and I popped to Mums to drop off some newspaper and then on to the doctors surgery to pick up Jims tablets. The park has very uneven ground and whist it looks flat, it really isn't and you could fall into a hole of deep snow..



This is the park in the height of summer at those herberts at the end of the Field are mine..

So finally we got to the doctors and we found an amazing icicle that would not fit in the freezer even if you tried.



So, to finish, apparently we have more snow on the way and I have had enough, I'm fed up of being cold, we have had the heating on more than usual but it's still cold.I'm fed up of washing wet gloves and trousers, putting newspaper at the door for the wellies and old bed covers to cover the door mat because of the drippy children, I'm fed up of saying "shut the door"and fed up of saying "can you feel a draught?" and I'm frightened that when I got out that I will fall and break my neck or worse still that when we walk and hold hands, if I go, we all go.. could you imagine it...I think we'd make the papers with that!!

So here is the snow that is coming our way....







Stupid snow....

No comments:

Post a Comment