Sunday, 20 December 2009

Plans for the future.

I have mixed feelings about snow. On one hand I love it as it can be so beautiful and watching it fall reminds me of childhood, you know when you get that squiggly feeling in you tummy of excitement, it makes the world look clean and it sparkles like it's full of glitter. It's silent and falls like, like....well like snow falling silently....
you know what I mean, don't give me that look...

Then, on the other hand, I look out and see that after a few days, I can't wait for it to be gone, it's become dirty and dangerous, you can't be out for too long without the fear of hypothermia of the extremities. I worry when the children are out, that they are in on time and knowing how cold it is, that they don't get too cold. I mean, it is lovely if you don't have to be anywhere but I can imagine if you have to drive in it or walk to and from work it can be a pain.

So I've not ventured out much over the last couple of days and so, in my head I've been making plans. Plans for the garden mostly. I want to do better this year with any vegetables that I grow, be more organised. I want to do some container growing as most of my garden is slabbed over, a good idea at the time but now the kids are older and they don't bring in handfuls of mud, I want some dirt to dig into.
I'd also like to buy a couple of awnings for the back garden, we are south facing and that sun in full summer can be so hot, so I figured that a couple of awnings will give us plenty of much needed shade. It will certainly keep the back of the house much cooler.


Talking of cooler, this is the sky dish outside Katie's window, no wonder the picture was snowy...




And just because it's winter I thought I'd slip in a summer picture just to remind us of what warm and sunny looks like...






OK, two pictures, I couldn't resist it ...

No comments:

Post a Comment