Wednesday, 6 January 2010

Snow Joke

More snow, I am not impressed... I woke up this morning at 6:15 as usual and went to wake Charlotte up. She has to leave at 7:30 and it takes her a while to get moving. While I waited for her to emerge from her slumber I checked on the schools website to make sure it was open. As it turned out the schools were shut and so I suggested that she head back to bed but by now she was wide awake. At 7:30 this is what it looks like outside when she leaves for school...


If you squint and look really closely you can make out the chimney tops.

I think we have had about two or three inches at this point.

Eventually I managed to log onto Sam and Katies school website but it had no information about whether it was open or shut. At 7:30 I phoned the school only to be told they hadn't made a decision yet, they were waiting to see how many teachers turned up. So I woke Sam and Katie just in case we did have to go in to school.

So we silently got washed and dressed and had breakfast of weetabix and ready brek. We tiptoed out of the door so we didn't wake up Jim. We assumed the school would be open and if not we would just walk back home again. However, It was open...

So for today I had to cancel an appointment I had in town as there was no way I was getting there in this weather and as two children where at home. So today Charlotte and Jim played around in the snow.

Looks like a bit of a stand off here...



Let the bouncing commence...

Jim's looking confident...



Jim has employed some dirty tactics...

But you know what's going to happen don't you...


Yep, he's down... don't be fooled by that smile....

Really he's begging for mercy...

Never underestimate the power of The sister.....

By midday I had a text from school to say they were closing at 2pm as they had a report of another bout of snow on the way at 3pm. So I headed out at 1:45 to collect them before the snow began to fall.. At 1:45 the snow began to fall...typical.

I think, by the time it had finished we had another two inches...





It finished about 3 o'clock when we got in...





And as usual there was another puddle of shoes and socks at the door...





And finally, Poppet and Jinx had a good nights sleep and for once their water didn't freeze up, they said "thank you for our new carpet but next time we want something in green..."

Fussy rabbits....

No comments:

Post a Comment