Thursday, 7 January 2010

Where's my shopping?

I was woken this morning at 7:05 by a text from Sam and Katies school saying they would not be open today. I found out late last night that Jim and Charlottes school would be shut anyway. My mind then turned to the fact that the shopping I had ordered from Tescos hadn't arrived last night. I had received a call about 5 o'clock to say the order was going to be late and should be here between 7pm and 10pm... a little late I know but she (the Tesco Lady) assured me it would get to me.

By 11pm I went to bed..


I phoned Tescos this morning and after pressing my way through there selection of numbers I came up with the department I wanted and an engaged signal.....
After a number of attempts I decided to email them. By 3pm I had no reply by phone or email so decided to pop to the shops to get some more milk and bread.
The shelves were empty, there where two tubs of dried skimmed milk and no UHT milk. I took one tub just encase someone else needed the other and some tuna for tuna fishcakes in the week and headed home. Mum tryed Tescos for me and with greater success.
They had misplaced/forgotten my order....apparently I was not the only one and he (the Tesco man) was to ring me at home to explain why I had been misplaced/forgotten.
As yet I have had no such call. Still I have been booked in for the 11th .....
4 days away...

I came home to do a stock take of all the things we have at home and fortunately we will live that long. I will have to check the shop tomorrow and if they have no bread or milk I will have to make some bread and quickly find a cow....
Still not to be down hearted we made pink biscuits and jam things....



The mixture, expertly mauled by Katie started out normal looking....



But for some reason it turned very bright pink....



We put a splodge of icing on top and dipped them in some grated chocolate...



Then we made this Jam thing, we made some sweet short pastry and put some strawberry jam in and folded it over, a little sprinkle of demerera sugar and....






Roberts your mothers brother................ (Bob's your Uncle)...





This one was more or less the same but with apricot preserve and sliced almonds.

So that's been my day today, bunnies are OK, but it was so cold last night their water froze, I will keep a close eye on them but they are both very fat and when I squeeze them they feel warm..They should be fine..

No comments:

Post a Comment