Friday, 23 April 2010

Sam is a mermaid...

During the half term break the weather has been sunny and getting warmer by the day so obviously the children are now wanting to play out more. I thought this year for a change they would like a sand pit. At the moment it's not quite warm enough for the paddling pool. I looked at the sand pits in the argos book and they are all quite expensive, not to be out done, I thought of making my own but the wood we have would not be quite good enough for what I wanted...

Then I noticed a vegetable patch that you put together yourself. My cunning plan began to take shape and once Charlotte and I had learnt how to skilfully wield the power drill, in no time we had assembled our sand pit.. That is how Sam became a mermaid....


Don't they look proud of their creation......





The sand pit had been in use for as long as it took me to go and get the camera and they were all in it, they decided on a boys side and a girls side...



Whilst they played I did washing... yay what fun... !!


So... Back to the garden, here is a squash that is trying to grow, she is now an orphan and an only child as Jim, thinking he is Pele, played football and managed to wipe out her entire family....




As promised, here are my potatoes that are growing bonkers, I must keep filling them up with dirt so that the roots can keep growing and make potatoes for our tea..
There are three different types but I have no idea which is which as the bags had no labels on them. So we will just wait and see what they are.



And finally, Charlotte and I made a scarecrow, but it doesn't work because later two fat pigeons came and sat on the fence and didn't seem in the least bit bothered and a black bird jumped all across the vegetable patch and didn't even look at the scarecrow.
When we made it I kept laughing and mucking around, for some reason I had the giggles, anyway Charlotte didn't think it was funny and she said if I didn't behave she would send me in....



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment