Thursday, 22 April 2010

Well it's about time.....

After the winters months of cold and snow and dark, I can now emerge from my hibernation into the sunlight and begin to re-awaken in the warmth of the sun.......Actually after many months of writers block I have now moved said
"blockage" and feel much better for it...

Do I start where I left off ? Do I continue as if nothing has happened ?.....
I'll try to fill in some of the gaps as I go.. I think that's best, don't you?...

So, Spring...... Well I wanted to do better in the garden this year so Katie and I fixed the green house. After the heavy snow the green house was looking a bit forlorn so it needed a make over with some cloth tape...which is very strong and sticky, a word of advice, do not try using it when it is windy because it likes to stick itself to you, and don't do it with a nine year old child who thinks that it's funny !!!



Next, I found some willing volunteers to help plant seeds, they were treated well and were paid with cups of tea...



And then, as if by magic, The seeds grew....




So far we have beans, sweetcorn, chillies, which I have accidentally mixed with the sweet peppers, (note to self -must label better) dahlias, sweet peas, tomatoes, squash (two of which Jim has killed with his football) and carrots.


And Potatoes.... this is the bag in which they have started in, once they had chitted.
I will update with the new pictures of them because they have gone bonkers and grown very, very fast....




These are the chitted potatoes ready to grow...
I will update tomorrow because I have to go up the school and get the children, I will tell you more of our tales, about recycling, our garden, Charlotte's laptop and Katie is going on a trip soon so there is lots to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment