Monday, 7 June 2010

Mary, Mary quite contrary, How does your garden grow?

I live with my cat, in a council flat, so how on earth would I know???

OK, I know that's not how it goes, but it's my blog and there's nothing you can do to stop me...

AGAIN, it's been a while.......did I say that last time??

So here we are, June already, how did that happen??

My garden overfloweth with, you guessed it, weeds......

Take a look....




In amongst this veritable jungle lies some spindly runner beans and some choked tomato plants. In the center, gasping for breath is a sunflower...



Never fear, should you sting yourself there is a plethora of dock leaves....



And plenty of grass to blow and make tunes with...



This is a make shift pond, where a frog quietly lay, then I accidentally trod on it.....
it made a sound like a yelp and it sat motionless and I watched with tears in my eyes and it breathed it's last breath, I even said a prayer for it's little froggy life as it slowly passed away......
Then it hopped off as if nothing happened, Grrrrr .....


Still, the strawberries are doing well...



The sweet peas and dahlias are looking as though they will burst open any moment...



And some handsome looking tomatoes...




Not to mention the orphan squash, doing quite nicely indeed...





I had two, quite tatty and leaky wheelbarrows, a few bags of compost and a ton of bedding plants bought from the children's school at half term. My back is quite poorly lately so I decided to plant them up rather than all the bending and kneeling to put them in the ground. (please excuse the trampoline poles)....



This is the other one, at the front are two strawberry plants as well.
(please excuse the bin bags).. Next year, I am definitely going to plant more in containers as I seem to be able to keep on top of them more than things in the vegetable plot, mostly as I have a poorly back, did I mention that??
I have been referred to the hospital, have had an MRI and await my results in the next two weeks so I'll let you know how it goes. In the mean time I suppose I had better get my gardening gloves on...




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


1 comment: