Saturday, 31 July 2010

The Unsung Hero

Now here is someone who's face is rarely on this blog, admittedly she is not keen to be in the photos that I take. However I try to take some of her because she is such a important part of our family. She is a a person of few words, as most teenagers are.

Although she would be the last to admit it, she actually loves her brother Sam. It's more likely though because he's the one, in her words, who is "least annoying". Here we have photographic evidence that she almost had her arm over the shoulder of her brother. She can't deny it now.







She is also a person of many talents, one of them being the best cake maker ever. She makes a mean special fried rice with chicken. Also she made the most delicious pineapple upsidedown cake and scones to die for.
However she has managed to burn, to the point of real flames, a toasted sandwich and has flipped pancakes that then ended up in the bin. She also has a habit of starting cooking at 8 o'clock at night of which I end up with washing up duties in payment for eating her culinary delights.

She also has amazing feet, yes you heard right, feet....
(they are clean, this is their normal colour)


When I was expecting her I was a very small frame and only weighed about 8 stone (them were the days, sigh) In the latter part of the pregnancy Charlotte's feet were firmly embedded under my ribs and she was a very healthy 8lbs 7ouches...





And so they formed slightly squiffy. They are called a massive long name which I can't remember but we like the term "windswept feet" very technical....
Just to add, she loves her feet, and so do I, she had an operation to cut the tendons when she was about 3 years old and was in casts for 6 weeks. That did not stop her charging around as if she'd been just given moon boots to wear. Unfortunately she can only wear wide fitting shoes or trainers as flip flops fall off her feet, sandals will not stay on either, neither will slippers so she wears slippers socks instead. The doctors have suggested that, at a later date she could have more surgery but she loves her squiffy feet too much to part with them.
Did I mention she is a computer genius, the amount of times she has had to rescue me from myself with my computer, with a tut and huff she rectifies my problem and walks away with a comment like " stop, before you hurt yourself".
These are just a few of her attributes, and finally, as if it couldn't get any better, at school, academically she is a whizz, a star, correction and A * pupil. She loves school and hopes to stay on to sixth form and then to college. She might spend a whole weekend doing homework, not because she finds it hard, but because she is a bit of a perfectionist and wants it done properly.
At the end of this school year, their final assembly was to recognise the students who had performed well, so certificates were given for 100% attendance, girl and boy of year, house and form, homework always completed etc. There was a last certificate for the pupil who was a quiet and conscientious worker, always on time, could be relied upon, and that award went to Charlotte Plummer.
"Unsung Hero Award 2010, for someone who is always focused and motivated but not always recognised" That's My Girl..........





------------------------------------------------------------------------------


12 comments:

  1. Thankyou Mum, you're so generously kind :P
    I just thought I'd comment that I think my foot condition (lol!) is called "Metatarsus Adductus" and I'm sure I read somewhere that it should correct itself (naturally or with medical help) by about the age of 3-4... Oops, never mind! :)
    Love you loads xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou Charlotte, I knew you'd come up with the name because you are "Special" lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Charliebear I would expect nothing less than the best from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 堅持是為著某種目的或目標,而持續不斷朝向既定方向努力的一種意念。..................................................

    ReplyDelete
  5. 河水永遠是相同的,可是每一剎那又都是新的。. . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

    ReplyDelete