Tuesday, 7 December 2010

Now ,About these cats....

Cats are a relatively new concept for me. Although I grew up in a house with multiple cats, it was a long time ago and truthfully I didn't have much to do with them. I was, at that stage, thinking of boyfriends, hanging out, school and staying out late. Cats were not high on my list of "things to do"....

But these little critters fascinate me, they are gorgeous and sooo funny.

So here's what I've learnt so far.....


Cats like Oxo cubes....

Although I did not intend for the cats to find the box of Oxo cubes, they still did.
They then proceeded to rip to shreds the contents of said box, including the foil wrappers. Only then to demolish, spread and sprinkle like fairy dust the crumbled cubes.This happened two nights in a row.....I was not best pleased.


They are expert at the game "guess what I'm looking at"...

A game where they stare at something, usually over your shoulder, and you then have to guess what they are looking at. Usually you try to resist the urge to play this fruitless game by not looking around. But as usual, they continue to stare, you cannot help yourself and you find yourself looking around and over your shoulder to see what is soooo interesting. When you have discovered there is nothing there, you look back round at them, only to find they are looking intently somewhere else. At this point you have lost the game......

Cats like your bed more than you do....

They like to pretend that your bed is actually theirs, when getting into the bed at night, to be comfortable, you might have to adopt either the fetal position or laying in the preying mantis position, which ever it is they prefer at the time, this could however change during the night when you might have to get out of bed and reassess where you could fit in the bed now, if at all....


Cats like jam.....

If you find yourself eating jam on toast in the presence of a cat (normally it's Charlie) be aware that, if like myself, you have to leave the room for, lets say 10 seconds, make sure that you have hidden your toast. It wasn't until I had nearly finished my toast that I realised, I had infact put jam on said toast. Charlie, I am assuming, was the culprit as he was happily licking his paws and face......


Cats are assassins......

It's true... they like to trip you at every turn and step. They lay in wait for you to step backwards, only to find you have trodden on them. To stop your self falling on them or treading on them again, you will grab at anything to keep yourself upright. Usually the nearest bookshelf or pot of boiling water or child. Should you have died in the process, there will be no evidence to show it was them.

The Inspector will note "Well, it was a nasty business, the lady just seamed to have taken a fall, lost her footing probably. Took the whole shelving unit with her I'm afraid, all that china and glass broken. She would have survived I reckon if it hadn't been for the chandelier, like I say, messy business and all that........"

And finally, make sure all of the cat has gone out of the window before you close it......

enough said!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment