Sunday, 16 January 2011

Friday Night...

On Friday just gone, Mum and I went to see a Queen tribute band. It was very good and very loud. Lots of people there were my age and older, obviously from the era of original Queen fans.

I remember Queen's music while growing up and was brought up on it,
along with the likes of Elton John, Dire Straits, David Essex and of course
Cliff Richard.

As a result I know all the words to Bohemian Rhapsody, Private Investigations
and Goodbye Yellow Brick Road to name but a few.

Many a summer holiday was spent blasting out their songs, windows wide,
while Mum hoovered and dusted to Crocodile Rock, Miss you nights and
We are the champions..




This chap is Gary Mullen who won "Stars in their eyes" in 2000.
He was very much in character and I think Freddie would have be proud
of his performance.






He did a one night only gig here in sunny Stevenage. By the end of the show
we were all stamping our feet and whistling for more.
Well Mum and I were anyway... We finally got home around 11:30pm,
very late indeed but certainly worth it.
However good he was, you can't beat the real thing. So many of the great artists have gone now and music is all the poorer for it. I have passed my love of Freddie, Elton and Cliff on to my children and they could do a good rendition
of "Bohemian Rhapsody" or "Tiny Dancer" themselves which keeps these
wonderful songs alive that little bit longer.





No comments:

Post a Comment