Saturday, 8 January 2011

Making Plans....

At this time of the year I like to make plans for the future. The days are short and cold, the daylight is rationed and it's cold, cold, cold. The garden looks like the Somme and is in dire need of some TLC. Or a farmer, or both....

Did I mention that it is cold..... brrrr!!!

It is most certainly the time of year to do some armchair gardening..

I seem to spend half the year preparing for the winter months when I know it will be cold and damp and miserable. Making sure we have blankets, soup and salt for the paths. (Soup to eat, not for the paths....)

The other half of the year I spend looking forward to the summer when I prepare by hunting out the jam pot covers, looking out for ice-lolly moulds and planning what seeds to get this time round.

So here is a list of the little delights that are in the post, on their way to me now.


First up, we have chamomile...not quite sure why, but they look like bloody big daisies to me, and I thought, If I get really stressed out, I could make them into a warm, soothing tea...

(who am I kidding, I hate tea and it makes me physically sick, so we will go with the idea of Bloody big daisies....)








Cress, everyone loves cress and you can't have an egg and cress sandwich without it (or it would be just an egg sandwich)...






Tomatoes, everyone loves tomatoes, well apart from, Jim and Sam, Katie is not too keen and I don't think Charlotte likes them either.... but I do, and Mum does, So we will have tomatoes...yay...





And if red ones aren't good enough, we will have yellow, just for fun....






Again, everyone loves spring onions, especially purple ones......OK, well I do anyway....




Cuecumbers, hooray we all love cuecumbers. Well the girls and I do, the boys made vomiting noises when I said I was to grow cuecumbers... so they can go without.




Carrots, now who doesn't like carrots.......no? OK, more for me then.......





I know they will love beetroot, especially long cylindrical ones.....no,? not beetroot either ..? OK, so, you like the jam I make right??????






You know, the jam, with the pretty pot covers and stickers. The jam that takes me all day to make????






Fine,....Well I know people who do like my jam, so you don't have to worry yourselves about my lovely jam.
They will all go to good homes and I won't force you to eat any lovely, scrummy jam that I lovingly made.....






I know people that will love to have them, with the pretty pot covers.... that cost a fortune.... Which is the reason why you don't have pocket money this week..... :)





No comments:

Post a Comment