Tuesday, 18 January 2011

What is the world coming to ????

I don't usually have a moan but I need to let this out.

They say letting your feelings out to others is good therapy,
a problem shared is a problem halved and all that.....

I watched TV the other day with Katie,
we were watching her program on a kids channel.

Then the adverts came on, most these days are "Cilit Bang"
"Vanish carpet cleaner" "Detox surface wipes"...

It has just occurred to me that these adverts are not aimed at the children,
they are aimed at the adults sitting with the children, ooh I get it now.....

Anyway, this one advert had me stunned..

It was an advert showing the terrible germs we have on our hands.

Guess what we do with these germs before we wash them off.....

No?... OK, I can see you're struggling.

We pass them from our hands to the PUMP DISPENSER FULL OF SOAP!!!!

Lawks a mercy, what is the world coming to!!!!!!!






Yes these horrible, horrible germs, are passed to the pump dispenser top ......











These are aliens, but they play the part of you going "OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH !!!!!!"

(OK, stay with me on this)






So there I was, aghast at the idea that the terrible, horrible germs would actually go onto the pump dispenser. I wracked my brains in a quest to find what could be the answer to this dreadful conundrum........ (bare with me)

"I know !!!" Said some over paid ten year old in a board room somewhere...

"Wouldn't it be good if we didn't actually touch the dispenser with our horrible dirty,
germy hands????!!!!" said the ten year old board room executive..

"Heavens ten year old boy" Yelled the over paid fat cat boss man,
"how will it actually work if you don't touch it????"

"Well Boss Man, there would be a mechanism inside that sensed there were germy,
grimy hands nearby and dispense a squirt of liquid soap onto the germy,
grimy hands!!!!" Wailed the ten year old boy...

"Genius" Bellowed the Fat Cat Boss Man, "and we can charge an extortionate price for such a revolutionary gadget. We can put a "Was £10 now £6.66" on the price ticket so everyone will feel they are getting a good deal, Well done son..."





"And" Continued the chubby Catlike Boss Man " it will look sleek and hygienic and everyone will feel that they need one to be clean, BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T TOUCH IT WITH THEIR HANDS!!!!!"



"There hands will be dirty....."







"And then clean....... This time next year we will be millionaires"
The cleaner lady with rollers in her hair popped her head round the door and said "I couldn't help but overhear your conversation, but may I ask, If there were germs on your hands and then you touched the pump to dispense the soap, you would put your germs on the pump right? and if there were germs on the pump already from the previous person, those germs would be on your hands now too right? and correct me if I'm wrong, but this is what you are trying to avoid by having a no-touch dispenser, am I right? Well, my thought is this, whether you touched the pump or not your next action is to wash your hands, therefore washing off the germs picked up from the pump dispenser or elsewhere anyway..... Just a thought" And Mrs roller hair lady smiled and continued to hoover the offices....
I feel soooooo much better now. Thank you.


1 comment:

  1. I get exceedingly cross with so many of these adverts for 'ultra sanitation'. It's no wonder these so-called superbugs take hold and cause such devastation. We are cleaning ourselves and our homes so much that we simply have no chance to build up our immune systems.

    I'm glad you feel better for having had a little rant ~ I feel better too now that I've had my own mini rant here hehehehe

    ReplyDelete