Sunday, 27 February 2011

Bathtime Barbie

Katie has spent a long time in the bath lately. With no school for the past week she has lounged around the house in her PJ's, vegged in front of the television,
pottered around in the garden and soaked in the bath until she was very prune like...




She often takes her dolls in the bath with her and they are imagined into mermaids and rescue each other from the terror of "the bubbles"
I don't remember playing with dolls much when I was Katie's age, although I do remember one Cindy doll, Barbie's poorer cousin, and I remember cutting her hair off and burying her it the garden......
I think I drew on her face as well. It's something to do with their eyes,
they constantly stare at you, and so they make me feel uneasy,
or maybe that's just me being paranoid..
Katie looks after her dolls with greater care, they even have a minder to look after them...
What a handsome chap he is , even Barbie is swooning...


When I get in the bath I have to turn their heads so they can't see me...
No wonder I didn't have many dolls, I think they spook me a little..
You've seen Toy story right? Yeah, they look at you, and when you go
out of the room they laugh and talk about you.... just sayin....

1 comment:

  1. Lol! I used to cut all my Sindy doll hair too - I gave them all crew cuts just like my brothers' Action Men!

    ReplyDelete