Monday, 28 March 2011

Blossom, flowers and baby seedlets

Here is a small selection of the flowers in my garden.There are not many flowers growing out there at the moment, last year was a struggle to get out there and plant things so I have about 20 actual flowers... This little daffodil was very reluctant to hold her head up for the camera, so I held her neck straight so you can see her face...
This one is a little shy too, trying to hide behind another flowery thing. Some of my neighbours plants grow through and if they have nice flowers I let them stay, that way I get free flowers...





This is my "Kilmarnock willow" and it has had a growth spurt. There is a nice big bit growing up from the middle, I like it so it can stay there...





This little area is were most of our hamsters and rabbits are buried.

Lately Florrie caught a fish, it's a long story...anyway, that is buried there too....






This is a rubbish picture of my first seed growing, this one is a "paty pan squash"...







And this little fella is a beetroot... There is a tiny, tiny red thing, honest...




There are copious amounts of blossom growing on the trees at the bottom of the garden. They are plum trees and they over hang our garden from the alleyway at the end of the garden.

This one is desperate to get in the garden so is growing through the fence...





These next few photos are quite decent shots of "in focus" blossom..





With added blue sky on a sunny day...





I like blossom....





And the best till last, I like this picture the most...





And that's it, the blossom, flowers and baby seedlets from my scruffy garden :)


3 comments:

  1. I have a cherry tree on my front lawn that is lovely when it blossoms but that won't happen for another month I think. The only downside is when the blossom falls - it makes a bit of a mess on the front (that's when a windy day is great as it blows it all away and I don't have to sweep it all up!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love Cherry tree blossom, but like you mentioned it does make a mess especially if it rains and gets all mushy. My neighbour has a big tree that has huge flower petal blossom and that is lovely when it is on the tree but so messy when it is on the ground :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely catching up on the posts Rachael, keep it up, they are a teat to resd. So glad you are feeling atad better xxx

    ReplyDelete