Friday, 25 March 2011

"Please can you trim my room?"

This is the request I had from Sam today, "Please can you trim my room?"

So naturally I replied "Why, is it too big?"

He said "No, all the things are growing too much and they need to be trimmed.."

So I said " What needs to be trimmed, you can't trim a room?"

He said "The things at the window, they are coming in and need to be trimmed..."

Now, Sam sometimes does not express himself very well, as a result this is a typical conversation. You have to imagine what he means and ask him to think about what he wants to say and be specific. like "The plant outside is growing through the window, it needs to be trimmed.." When you find out what he means it all makes sense, but it does take a while and you have to ask him questions, for example, What needs to be trimmed? Where is it? What is is doing? If all else fails, I just ask him to take me there and show me...

When I saw it was the Ivy growing in from next door I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to use my new secateurs I bought from Asda for £2..






So here is a picture of after the trimming.....




And before, with the Ivy growing along the sill..





(Please don't look at my hideous fence, which I did not realise was that bad until just now)

After the trim...



And before...






After the trim....






And before. I can see why he wanted the ivy cut as when you open the window I tries to come in and is a bit spooky, like creeping triffids.....





Anyway, it's done now and all I have to do is collect all the triffid arms and legs from of the patio....
Before I go, here is a picture of my spinning windmill thing that is on the trampoline/greenhouse...
It's the little things :)





-----------------------------------------------------------------------------






2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about ivy - our neighbour decided in his wisdom many years ago to plant some but thought nothing of actually taking steps to manage it. The fence on the right side of the garden is his and I swear that the only thing keeping it up is the ivy that grows on it. I've nothing against ivy at all, but those that do decide to grow it should really think about keeping it in check - just my ten pence worth!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I could not agree more, the fence between myself and my neighbour is so covered in ivy that you can't actually see the fence. They planted it a couple of years ago and it has grown so fast.I am worried that it will damage the brickwork and grow into the gutters :( still, at least Sam can open his window now without being attacked lol

    ReplyDelete