Friday, 15 July 2011

Good morning, I am Mrs Grouch....

I'm feeling a bit grouchy today.... Nothing in particular has made me feel this way, nothing I can really put my finger on....

OK, who am I trying to kid.? I am totally lying... I am grouchy and annoyed because of lots of small things... One of them being Jim...The other is Katie. :(

I am not usually a grouchy person, generally I am quite happy and content with my life. But it's funny how, when lots of things are minor irritations, they can all add up and get me into a grouchy mood. I have one of them today. But I will try to shake that mood off because I don't like the way it makes me feel and it is a glorious day outside. The last thing I want is to not see the blue sky over head because of this grouchy cloud above me right now.

So, here is what I am grouchy about..

This morning Katie took so long in the bathroom that she only left me ten minutes to get washed, dressed out the door in time to take her to school. When I mentioned that she will have to go by herself today as I won't have time to get ready and take her, she said "Well can't you hurry up?".... usually I have got myself washed and dressed before the children, but today Jim took until 7:30 to actually get out of bed after my repeatedly calling him.. by now his toast was cold and he wanted cereal instead. He fixed himself some cereal and ate it as slowly as is humanly possible. This had put me behind, and so I was not washed or dressed and now was running half an hour late.

Katie said she had already washed as she put on her shirt. I asked if she had washed her armpits and she looked into the shirt pocket and quietly said "yes" ...... This was clearly not the case and so she was sent upstairs to wash again, this time washing the bits she had missed first time around.. Hence her taking so long and me only having ten minutes....

The minor irritations were beginning to add up....

Minor irritation number 1...

The carpet runner. Always gravitating towards the front door, no matter which way round you put it, it always works it's way to the front door. There is the constant job of pulling it back into place... However, I can totally understand it's need to escape out of the front door. I have every sympathy for it, it can't be easy being a carpet runner these days, especially in this house...



Minor irritation number 2...

Not reading the poster. Being the ever efficient Mother that I am , I feel the constant need to remind the children of even the most elementary of requirements... The simple task of flushing the toilet and washing your hands is a basic requirement in human society. It shows consideration for others in your household as well as the hygienic disposal of waste...

Even with a chuffin poster next to their face as they wee and poo, they still forget to wash and flush... I have even seen cats flush the toilet on you tube.... how hard can it be.....??????



Minor irritation number3...

The squeased from the middle toothpaste tube. I suppose I should be just glad they cleaned their teeth but I often wonder, with the amount of toothpaste left in the sink and the window sill, did any of it go in their mouth????




Minor irritation number 4....

The abandoned socks... Yes, the abandoned sock, or socks in this case.. This particular pair was once attached to Sam's feet and at some point in the evening were detached from said feet and thrown at Katie.. Katie, not wanting to have these touch her, ran for cover and the socks landed at the bottom of the stairs, where it was formally declared that "you touched them last"........... No one wanting to admit to touching them last, the socks were left as they fell and of course, no one wanted to pick them up and put them in the washing. Heaven forbid..

These socks also have some of those annoying grass darts attached to them just for good measure..




Minor irritation number 5....

The pile of crap no one wants to take upstairs and put away...
This one pretty much speaks for itself, it has been there for at least a week and there is probably something that belongs to everyone in that pile...
Just in case you wondered what it all was I shall tell you... there is a black tie, a DVD case (empty), A Barbie scarf, a small denim purse, a plastic brick wall and a scourer from the bathroom upstairs...



Minor irritation number 6....

The running tap...

OK, so I need to replace the washer as it drips and cannot be fully turned off. But this is running and it doesn't seem to bother anyone else but me....





Major irritation number 7.....

The toilet roll on the floor... I hate this one with a passion. Please, for the love of God will people please not leave the toilet roll on the floor..... I find it a struggle to bend down to floor level and pick up the toilet roll, especially in the morning... I might suspend some from the ceiling on a piece string above the toilet like a bird feeder... No matter how many times I ask, It always ends up left on the floor...





Even after making a poster that is next to their face as they wee and poo...




Minor irritation number 8...

The used tissue... Usually the used tissue is stuffed down the sofa or simply let fall to the floor.... On more than one occasion I have retrieved a used tissue from the inside of the toilet roll roll and sometimes screwed up and put through the handle of a cup... This one is left on the desk and of course, no one touched it last...



Major irritation number 9...

The contents of Jim's pencil case... This, for me, is a massive annoyance.. Each week more or less I get a phone call from Jim's Head of year informing me that Jim has come to school without the appropriate equipment.. We now have good communication between the school and myself and I am on first name terms with most of the staff a Jim's school... They totally understand my position when it comes to Jim's schooling and that fact that Jim can be destructive even with his own possessions.. I spend lots of money replacing lost and broken items. I have made Jim use his pocket money to replace what he has lost or broken but sometimes the pocket money does not cover it. Last week I went into town a bought a handful of cheap clear plastic pencil cases, new pencils, pens, maths sets and a few of the cheap 68p calculators.. He has lost the pencil case, the rubber is in about twenty chewed pieces, the pencils are snapped, the calculator will now not calculate and he has sharpened, to a point, the plastic end of the compass...

I am so annoyed, I could spit feathers...



No comments:

Post a Comment