Tuesday, 3 April 2012

My brain hurts...


Last night Jim woke me up at 3:45 am to see if I was okay. He had had a dream that I had done something bad and the police had taken me away...That's all very well, but he could not remember what I had done..


As soon as I had woke the pain of a migraine was behind my left eye and making it's way to the temples, as usual... 


I keep my migraine tablets on my drawer beside my bed and always go to bed with a bottle of water, 
just in case. 


Two tablets and an hour later the pain was still there...


A further hour and the pain was now ebbing but still had moments of intensity.


I woke two hours later to a dull ache but on moving the pain began to return.


I got up, had some more tablets, more water and then the nausea began...


A slice of plain bread has settled my stomach enough to return to bed and shift the rest of the now headache. 


This hasn't been the worst one, just a mild one this time. Now I feel like death and want to sleep and possibly hibernate for the rest of the morning..

4 comments:

  1. (((hugs))) Hope you feel okay soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sharon for your kinds words, I'm feeling much better today. I was totally wiped out yesterday. Now to get on with the chores I could not get done yesterday. What fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I hate migraine's I have lived with them my whole entire life...the other night I got one and I take shot's and it took two shot's to help get it to where I could at least lay down.
    I feel for you totally...if someone has never had one they really dont know the pain.
    Take care.
    Love,Debbie:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Debbie for your comments, There is nothing like the pain of a migraine, or toothache for that matter. Fortunately this one wasn't a bad one but some have lasted days and have had such intensity that I have wanted to remove my head, even if for just a few minutes. Thank you again :) Rachael x

    ReplyDelete