Thursday, 10 May 2012

Making cards

My friend Alva and I have been making cards today. I mentioned that we were making cards the other day but had no pictures to show. Today we have made mostly wedding cards.


Sorry if the pictures are a bit blurry. Some are wrapped and ready to sell. Alva has been selling them to friends and family. What money she makes goes towards new packs and card making things. 
Alva has many ongoing health problems and, for the present, can't go back to work. 
This is a nice pass time for her. 
I love it :)



Most of the cards here are what I have made. The one with the champagne glasses and doves is Alva's creation.




Lots of time and effort goes into making these. Sometimes 20 minutes to half and hour depending on how complex it is.




With some of them you can let your imagination go wild.




Some of them are pre-cut and you simply assemble it yourself..




This one took me half an hour from start to finish.




This one took ten minutes and was made up as I went along.




This on is similar to one above but is edged with silver flowers not pink butterflies.




It is a lovely hobby to have on a rainy day like today and a lovely way to spend time with your friend :)


No comments:

Post a Comment