Thursday, 26 July 2012

Nearly flea free...

My word, WHAT A DAY......!!

Yesterday (Thursday, my blogger clock is sometimes up the shute) We spent the entire afternoon upstairs systematically clearing a room, hoovering it, wiping over the skirting and flat surfaces with disinfectant, taking out bedding, cushions and pillows to be washed, then spraying with R.I.P Fleas bought from the vets yesterday morning. We did each room like this and then shut the door for over an hour. When we re-entered the room (which was well ventilated) we hoovered the floor and the bed again, then remade each bed with clean sheets. The washing machine has been doing overtime with the sheets and bedding and cushion covers. Florrie had been sleeping in the top of my bedroom cupboard on a pile of jumpers, which all needed to be washed too...

All this in 28 degrees, I think I lost a half a stone just in sweat... 

Not to worry though, I found it again after I had eaten tea... :)

We hoovered and then sprayed down the stairs and stopped at the bottom by the end of a very long day.

 Today we will pull apart the living room and hall way and do the same to those rooms too. The kitchen and dining room will also get a good hoover, wipe and spray as the cats like these rooms the most. My desk here needs to be pulled out, wiped and sprayed. I feel itchy just thinking about it...

Thankfully Florrie and Penny were outside laying about in the shade yesterday and Charlie was on top of the kitchen cupboards out of the way. (note to self, must spray kitchen cupboard tops too) 

The children have been a great help and have worked along side me to get this all done. They don't like the thought of fleas either so they were just as determined to get rid of them as I was.

While it is still early I might get dressed and make a start on the living room, put in another load of laundry and hang another load out. By the end of today we hope to be flea free...









No comments:

Post a Comment